Do you rent an apartment with children
in New York City? If they're below the
age of 12, you should always consider
child safety your top priority when it
comes to buying, installing, and
maintaining your shades in NYC.
to best maintain child safety in regards
to your window shades always remember
the following tips:
- Install only cordless window coverings in homes with young children.
- Move all cribs, beds, furniture and toys away from windows and window cords.
- Keep all window pull cords and inner lift cords out of the reach of children.
- Make sure that tasseled pull cords are short and continuous-loop cords are permanently anchored to the floor or wall.
- Make sure cord stops are properly installed and adjusted to limit movement of inner lift cords.
- Lock cords into position whenever horizontal blinds or shades are lowered, including when they come to rest on a windowsill.
If you’re interested in cordless window
shades, be sure to check our motorized
shades, roman shades, and shutters that are
perfect for NYC apartment windows.
Prestigious Blinds provides Blinds
Installation Services in the